Community Access Worker
Positions Available across Bass Coast and South Gippsland
Date Posted: Wednesday 17 August 2022
Job Type: Casual and Part Time positions available
Job Title: Community Access Worker
Job Ad Number: 17082022
Location: Bass Coast and South Gippsland,
Work for a more inclusive community, empower people with a disability – join Interchange Gippsland’s team!
Are you interested in using your qualifications and skills to support people with a disability to achieve their goals?
Are you located in South Gippsland or Bass Coast and looking for work?
If this sounds like you, apply now!
Interchange Gippsland provides a range of different support services to meet the needs of participants and their families.
The purpose of the Community Access Worker role is to assist and support participants to work towards achieving their self-determined, care planned goals, and promote independence, empowerment and choice through the person-centred practice. Community Access Workers promote and encourage participants to engage with the broader community and enhance the opportunities to have access to new experiences and opportunities so that participants can discover their strengths and take on new interests. Community Access Workers are responsible for the day to day running of groups and/or individual activities for people with disabilities.
Why Join Us?
- Rewarding position
- Salary packaging benefits
- Flexible work arrangements
- Ongoing training and development
- Professional practice supervision
- Support of experienced coordination and administration teams
- Access to the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and more!
Our Community Access Workers are driven by the organisation’s values-based approach to provide quality services to participants and their families. Someone undertaking this role must possess effective communication skills, leadership skills, the ability to work within a team, critical problem solving skills and interpersonal skills. If this sounds like you, apply now!
Mandatory Requirements (Can be obtained for the successful applicants)
- Minimum Certificate III or IV in Disability Services, Individualised Care, Mental Health or similar qualification
- Current Level II First Aid certificate
- Current CPR certificate
- Drivers Licence
- Victorian Working with Children’s Check
- Eligible to apply for NDIS Worker Screening Check
- A current COVID-19 Vaccination status in-line with Victorian Health requirements for Disability Support Workers
Please download the application form by clicking the link at the bottom of the page. You are required to submit the completed application form, click ‘Apply Now’ and select position title ‘Community Access Worker’ to ensure you upload all required documents to support your application.
Further information can be obtained in the position description below. If you have any further queries, contact our Training and Recruitment Officer on 1300 736 765 or email email@example.com.