Children (5 - 12 Years)
One to One
Help with day to day activities, self care and getting out in the community
We offer support for children with a disability between the ages of 5 and 12 years old. Based on your child’s needs, we match your child with a Community Access Worker on a one to one basis.
Your worker can support your child at your own home or out and about in the community.
Support can range from a few hours each day, week or 24 hour care. Your worker will work closely with you and your child to provide just the right amount of support to help your child become more independent at home and included in your community.
The types of support we provide includes: going out in the community, doing fun activities, developing life skills in your home and in the community, and support going to appointments.
Coordination of Supports
We can help coordinate your supports
We know that finding and coordinating the services you need to help your child achieve their goals can be overwhelming. We can help you with the preparation and development of your child’s NDIS plan, use the allocated support budget and identify services and activity programs that provide your child with the help he/she needs.
We support you to:
- Identify options for service providers
- Choose between options or providers
- Work out the services to be provided and their prices.
- Develop service agreements and create service bookings with chosen providers
- Work out agreed services and prices as part of any quotable supports
- Arrange any assessments needed to work out the type of funding required
- Decide the budget for each support type and talk to the plan manager about the break down funds
- Talk with the plan manager to create the claim categories and the correct amount of funds
- Link to other services (i.e. housing, education, transport, health)
- Build your capacity to coordinate, self-direct and manage supports.
- Resolve issues that arise
Get in touch with us now to discuss how we might be able to assist you.
Have a Question?
Our Recreation Program for children 5 to 12 years old
Our HOP program provides opportunities for children with a disability to enjoy social and recreational experiences. Fun, playful activities are held within your community in small group settings. This helps your children to develop their social skills and develop their independence in a safe and supported environment. As well as giving your child a chance to make friends outside of their school/family environment and have fun, our recreation programs also offer respite for carers and families.
Who are the activities for?
Our HOP program is specifically designed for children with a disability aged 5 to 12 years who live in the Latrobe City, Bass Coast, South Gippsland and Baw Baw Shire areas.
We encourage you to call our office to discuss yours and your child’s needs and suitability for the HOP program.
When are the recreation programs held?
Most activities are held during the school holidays, with a limited number during the school term. Activities are either a half day or full day.
What are my child’s NDIS benefits and outcomes?
- Feel a part of the community
- Meet new people and make friends
- Get out in the local community
- Develop independence skills
- Do activities and try new things
- Build communication skills
- Self care for carers and participants