In order to provide support and service we need to ask questions about your personal circumstances to:
- Determine eligibility for programs,
- Determine priority of access to programs
- Provide information to our Government funding bodies, and
- Refer you to other agencies who may be able to offer another service that is useful to you (if agreed to by you).
This information is generally collected when you first register with us and may be updated from time to time. We will explain for what purpose we are collecting information and will ask for your consent if it is to be sent outside of our organisation. We will maintain records and ensure information is kept secure.
You may access your personal records in accordance with our Privacy and Confidentiality Procedure. A fact sheet explaining your rights and responsibilities and all issues pertaining to privacy is available to you by contacting our head office or downloading from our website.
- Download the Privacy and Confidentiality Policy or alternatively contact 1300 736 765 and we can provide you with a copy.
Screening of Staff and Volunteers
Interchange Gippsland is a ‘Child Safe’ organisation. We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of all people accessing our service and support the rights of the child and vulnerable people. We will act without hesitation to ensure that a child safe environment is maintained at all times. We adhere to Child Safe standards in the development and production of all our promotional material and newsletters, recruitment documents (including advertisements and application forms) and in electronic communication media involving our internet, intranet and social media pages. All employees and volunteers on all our program must have satisfactorily completed the screening.